Js-ctypes rewrite of the binary XPCOM version of Firetray.
for all applications:
- show/hide a single or all windows
- restore windows to their previous state, position, size
- restore each window to its original virtual desktop/workspace
- activate restored windows
- hide to tray on close
- hide to tray on minimize
- start minimized to tray
- show icon only when hidden to tray
- mouse scroll on tray icon shows/hides
- GTK-themable icons
- StatusNotifierItem support (can be disabled by
- customizable tray icons
- popup menu (show/hide individual windows, open new windows, quit)
-firetrayShowHideoption (useful for window manager's keyboard shortcuts)
-firetrayPresentoption (activates windows)
- middle click on the tray icon activates last registered window
for mail applications:
- display unread message count in tray icon
- display biff in tray icon for new messages
- include/exclude mail accounts to/from messages count
- include/exclude folders types to/from messages count
- count in sub-folders recursively
- handle Exquilla accounts
- restrict message count to favorite folders
- trigger external program on message count change
for applications embedding chat (currently only Thunderbird)
- display additional system tray status icon
- Under Linux:
- GTK+ 2.20+ required.
- libappindicator3 can be used for StatusNotifierItem (KDE, Unity).
- Under Windows, few features are not yet implemented.
- Firetray temporarily unsets:
tabs.warnOnClosebuilt-in preference, which otherwise disrupts the handeling of the close event
mail.biff.show_tray_iconfor mail applications
- Experimental non-customizable keyboard shortcut for hiding all windows set to:
if you're looking for other mozilla-desktop integration:
Alltray launches any applications into tray
windows aren't restored with the same z-order, but there is no means to correct that under Linux
notifications for excluded mail account servers are not disabled. Newmailalerts are hard-coded and we can't easily disable them on a per-server basis (only globally, see
mail.biff.show_alert). The proper way would probably be to disable default notifications globally, and handle notifications ourselves. This is out of the scope of this addon, but you may want to give a try to the MailAlert extension
child windows (compose message, preferences, ...) are not handled by Firetray. For ex., they are not hidden along with there top-level window.
getNumNewMessages()'s strange behaviour, it's impossible to display an accurate count of new messages. The best we can do is display a biff icon.
some features do not work well under Unity/Compiz.