2. Create a new keyboard input device with uinput, this looks identical to any other keyboard device to anything running on the box.
3. Read input_events from the real device, map them, send them to our created device.
This solution is what rusty-keys implements, it works in ttys, in X, in virtualbox even running windows or whatever,
This solution is what rusty-keys implements, it works in ttys, in X, in Wayland, in virtualbox even running windows or whatever,
on SDL games, it will work literally everywhere, because rusty-keys just creates a regular keyboard.
How to run
@ -52,6 +52,7 @@ How to install
* `cargo install rusty-keys`
* Arch Linux [rusty-keys](https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rusty-keys/) [rusty-keys-git](https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rusty-keys-git/)
* Download a static binary for your system from the [releases](https://code.moparisthebest.com/moparisthebest/rusty-keys/releases) section. [github mirror](https://github.com/moparisthebest/rusty-keys/releases)