- Removes need to check for malloc failure
- Removes need for NULL checks on free
- Adds checks for integer overflows
- Removes some extra memset calls
- Removes chance of mixing libc and glib malloc/free
Some might argue that this shouldn't be able to be configured as it is "common" behaviour
in other programs such as web browsers, but for me it is an annoyance because for 15
years this has not been the behaviour of X-Chat.
Quite simply, this creates a configuration option for 537fb856, as unobtrusively as
possible, under the channel switcher preferences tab.
Xtext's transparency barely worked on windows, didn't work on any modern
linux wm and used fake transparency.
This uses gtk's built in window opacity that works on more systems and
is real transparency.
Text area only transparency may return with a transition to cairo, if it
works on Windows.